Sunday, January 18, 2009
It is a truth universally acknowledged: A knitter can never be satisfied. It is all yearning and yarn.
I am now the proud owner of Kim Hargreave's gorgeous Heartfelt: The Darkhouse Collection (thanks TC!!!) and am most of the way through one of the sweaters in that lovely volume, when today I run across her Amber: A Winter Gathering, which includes many loverly designs all gorgeously photographed and knit in luscious Rowan yarns. The above design is aptly named Beth and I believe I must knit her. As some of you may know, my very first attempt at knitting a sweater was another KH Rowan pattern also named Beth. The yarn from that sweater eventually became my shopping tunic (my actual first sweater). While I failed at my first namesake sweater, I believe that this Beth and I are just meant to be. Or perhaps not, as my queue of to be knits is longer than the line to get into Barack Obama's inauguration.
Monday, January 12, 2009
1. Resting more than I should be, but I'll need it. I don't see much rest in my future until mid-May.
2. Preparing to teach three new classes in the Spring (just two more weeks!) Fine tuning the syllabi over and over, creating powerpoints, reading...
3. Avoiding completing a draft of a chapter for my dissertation - I am resolving here and now to get to work on that, just as soon as I finish this up.
4. Clicking everyday to benefit 6 different charities. You can help too! Go here and click, then go to each of the tabs across the top and do the same. It's that easy. I dragged the url to my bookmarks bar so that I remember to do it everyday.
5. Puppy snuggling
6. Updating my winter wardrobe with generous Holiday gift money, and also stimulating the economy. Can't you tell what a good job I'm doing?
7. Waiting for my new niece/nephew to arrive. Come on baby! (S-I-L is almost a week overdue, poor Jess)
8. Knitting a sweater - Calm by Kim Hargreaves
9. Finishing holiday knitting that did not get done
10. Trying, and failing, to stay warm in Antarctica, I mean Wisconsin