Thursday, May 22, 2008

knitpicks order

I put in an order to knitpicks because I need to get started on several projects. It took less than a week for my yarn to arrive at my door.
I ordered some knitpicks crayon (bellow), a really soft cotton, to make a baby blanket for a baby. I'm going to use the modern log cabin baby blanket pattern form mason dixon knitting. It should be fun.
I also ordered some swish DK superwash yarn (bellow) in a masculine green to make the child's placket sweater from lmkg for Mr. and Mrs. Adams' baby who is due this August. I'm hoping to have enough to make a matching hat as well.Finally, I ordered some lace weight and DK alpaca yarns to make a prototype of a shrug that I plan to wear at my cousin's wedding this fall, because I am paralyzed with fear over wearing a strapless dress. Unfortunately the one draw back of ordering yarn on the interwebs is that you never know what color you're really ordering. Turns out the lace weight is a pretty dark bluish green not black, so alas I will go on a quest for some lace/fingering weight alpaca at a couple of Santa Fe LYS.
Note: Midnight heather = not black.

No comments: