Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Winter Knitty


The winter knitty is now available. I realized this when this design (pictured above) caught my eye over on ravelry. I was so excited that the new issue was out I immediately went over to knitty to check it out without looking at any of the details. When I found "Surface" on knitty I realized why I love it so much - it's by Nora Gaughan. Her designs are so unique and beautiful, like wearable art. While this piece doesn't scream practical and I will likely not knit it, I think it's pretty inspirational.

2 comments:

Yarnhog said...

You may not have noticed (you have to scroll to the bottom of the pattern), but the pattern is for a sweater with an "optional" cape! The sweater itself is gorgeous and practical (and next up in my queue).

Beth said...

Interesting, very interesting...

I'm excited to see yours, and then I can ask you questions if I knit it myself!