Thursday, May 7, 2009

Best Knitting Book Ever! (or at least really good)


Our household has been busy using up gift cards. We went to Crate and Barrel and bought a bowl and a glass to replace ones we've broken, a salad spinner to wash the lettuce and spinach we will be harvesting from our garden in a month or so, and a cookie press for me; Bed Bath and Beyond found us the owners of many new kitchen gadgets; and in that same spirit I used a Barnes and Noble giftcard I had for forever to buy myself Wendy Bernard's Custom Knits and it is the BEST KNITTING BOOK EVER!!! There are some really nice basic patterns and two simple recipes for top down sweaters as well as all sorts of good information on customization (duh). She also tells you how to make a dress form out of duct tape! So much excellent information and so perfect for making sweaters I'll actually wear. I can tell I will go to it over, and over again.


2 comments:

Bridget said...

I agree - I love this book, it's one of the only ones with info about measurments, etc. that are actually understandable to me!

Beth said...

I know, it actually makes sense to me! It is the best instruction in short-row shaping I have ever found.