Wednesday, October 29, 2008

knits

At long last - A knitting update!!!

I finished the shruggy surprise for the wedding and I am still debating whether or not to write up the pattern, whether to sell it or give it away, etc. Then I started working on the Mrs. Darcy Cardi, which I am knitting in one piece, because I hate seams. I sarted knitting this and had gotten most of the body done, when I realized it was enormous. I had swatched, but made a stupid mistake, namely my gauge was too big and I thought it was small, silly me. I went down a needle size (two from what the pattern suggests) but still couldn't get gauge, so I cast on fewer stitches. Hopefully, all will go well. The yarn is lamb's pride in aubergine but in this picture it looks reddish and in some light looks brown, but its more of a deep purplish burgandy:And then on Monday when I was wearing my beloved Francis, my arms were cold. I said to myself, you need something to keep your little arms warm when you wear three-quarter length sleaves in winter. After a little pop over to ravelry to puruse my options, I decided to caset on the Evangeline fingless gloves. I finsihed the first one that night and I LOVE it. The pattern is so easy and gorgeous. I am also in love with the billion year old Cascade 220 from deep within the stash that I am using to make them. I am a happy knitter!
Evangeline - I love you.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I'm knitting the fetching fingerless gloves from Knitty (also on Ravelry). I LOVE LOVE LOVE them, and I haven't even worn them yet!