Friday, May 11, 2007

bad idea?

Knitting socks is hard. Matthew told me last night that I cannot knit anymore socks, because it makes me too stressed out, but I just know that if I get good at it I could really like it, and besides I think I have a lot more than socks stressing me out right now.

Here is where I went wrong :
1. I thought that I should use cheap yarn for my first pair - big mistake - it just frustrates things. You would think I would have learned this lesson by now, wouldn't you?
2. I also bought needles that I thought would be good, but they're really crappy. The tips are splitting and bending, so I think I may need to invest in some different ones if I am going to keep this up.
3. I also chose a pattern that calls for size 0 needles, which is like knitting with toothpicks.
4. Finally, why would anyone knit socks in May, in California? It's pretty pointless - much like my size 0 needles.

So here is the worst part, when I finish this sock, apparently I have to make another one! Either that or cut off my foot or make friends with an amputee.

1 comment:

Jessica and Adam said...

Perhaps it could be a cell phone coozy...