Sunday, April 22, 2007

if you want sunshine and rainbows you're reading the wrong blog today

I finally got a draft of my prospectus completed and sent off. It is a very, very rough draft and writing it made me feel very, very rough. I think that writing your prospectus has to be the most painful experience of your academic life. You have all these fabulous ideas, but you need to figure out how to put them into a project - a project you will work on for the next two to three years of your life. Philosophy is hard. I wish I were suited for a real job, real jobs seem nice - you make money and get to have a life, but apparently you are expected to go like 4 or 5 days a week and be there for hours at a time, so it's not for me.

I've been so busy, I haven't had a chance to post on my blog or do much of anything else. When I am not reading and writing and thinking deep philosophical thoughts, I am panicking and stressing about my stupid wedding. I am officially wishing every single day of my life that we had decided to run away and get married on some beach. Weddings are supposed to be happy occasions and they are supposed to be about the two people getting married, but somehow they always turn into three ring circuses and the two people getting married spend all their time worrying about making everyone else happy. Vendors never call you back. Everything is twice as expensive as you think it's going to be and no matter how much you have done, there is always more to do. So here is my advice for the day: If you ever get married - elope.

No comments: