Friday, July 25, 2008

Home sweet home

At least for now. I arrived back in Santa Fe last night to my beloved little family, including a rather sick puppy. Scarlett has a bad ear infection, and the antibiotics are just not working fast enough if you ask her daddy and I. Poor little girl. My home is already beginning to fade into boxes. No more books on the shelves (except for a few for work and my knitting library), non essential glass wear, and photos on the wall. Soon, it will all be packed and we will say good-bye to the land of enchantment. But don't feel sorry for us, we're going home. Home to the city where we met, the city where we both became grown-ups and fell in love, the city we were married in, the city we love. We have found a little duplex on the lower, western edge of the upper-eastside to call home for a bit, until perhaps we can find something more permanent. I will be teaching a few classes at UWM and still working on that dissertation, which in our love/hate relationship, I am currently in love. And of course, last but not least, I will have many opportunities for big warm knitted garments, hats, scarves and socks for like 9 months out of the year.

No comments: