Sunday, January 18, 2009

a rose by any other name

It is a truth universally acknowledged: A knitter can never be satisfied. It is all yearning and yarn. 

I am now the proud owner of Kim Hargreave's gorgeous Heartfelt: The Darkhouse Collection (thanks TC!!!) and am most of the way through one of the sweaters in that lovely volume, when today I run across her Amber: A Winter Gathering, which includes many loverly designs all gorgeously photographed and knit in luscious Rowan yarns. The above design is aptly named Beth and I believe I must knit her. As some of you may know, my very first attempt at knitting a sweater was another KH Rowan pattern also named Beth. The yarn from that sweater eventually became my shopping tunic (my actual first sweater). While I failed at my first namesake sweater, I believe that this Beth and I are just meant to be. Or perhaps not, as my queue of to be knits is longer than the line to get into Barack Obama's inauguration.


1 comment:

TC said...

You are most welcome. I had a good time ordering and speaking with Kim in England. She was super friendly and helped with exactly how much yarn is needed for her patterns. I have her phone number and email if you ever want to chat with her.

TC