Monday, April 14, 2008

Francis revisited

So I had to frog my first attempt at using my beautiful Francis yarn my mom gave me for my birthday last year. I tried making the textured tunic from fitted knits, but it definitely needs the elasticity of wool and Francis is an alpaca not a sheep. So I decided I wanted to use all of that drapey alpaca goodness in a cowl neck, but had no pattern, so basically I made one up (sort of, I relied on the original tunic pattern for some things). Francis revisited is nearly done and I think I am going to be really, really pleased. Details to follow.

2 comments:

suze said...

make sure you write your pattern down, and you can be a ravelry designer! it looks gorgeous, btw. francis suits you :).

Susan said...

Cool sweater! The cowl neck is really stylin'!