Friday, February 15, 2008

man sweater update

The man sweater has been bound off and tried on by its intended owner. It fits! Now all I need to do is weave in the ends, get a zipper, sew the zipper in, stitch the collar down, and block it. Voila! Husband sweater. I am hoping to finish it before my trip to CA next week, but with my dad and Debbie here this weekend, I'm not sure that goal is attainable, but when I do finish I will be sure to post lots of pictures of my guy in his zippy new duds. 

5 comments:

suze said...

damn, girl, didn't you JUST start that thing? that's badass. can't wait to see pictures!

Beth said...

It's a fairly quick knit, it is in lmkg after all, but I did work on it regularly and exclusively and I think it still took a few weeks.

acronym enthusiast said...

wow!!! that's great!

Unknown said...

Hi there - would you mind sharing where you found the red circle zipper for this sweater? I'm having trouble locating one!

Thanks!

Beth said...

Jen- it's orange and unfortunately has no circle, but I got at zippersource.com, you can get one in basically any color imaginable. I hope your man sweater turned out better than mine!